Work package 1:
– 3 Deliverables (D1.1 Technology Survey, D1.2 Roadmap and D1.5 List of Publications) were uploaded on the Participant Portal
Work package 2:
– 4 research staff exchanges
– developement of a network of excellence and partnership through a networking event, on January 20th 2017 at UPB; establishment of a LinkedIn group; and establishment of direct contacts with interested organizations: GeoEcoMar, Apanova.
Work package 3:
– the deliverable D3.1 – Assessment of the training needs, was delivered in Month 5;
– was organized 3 Short-term training
– a team member participated at a Practical seminar “Research Evaluation & Assessing Research Quality”, organized by the European Academy for Taxes, Economy and Law, Berlin, Germany, on 14.09.2016-18.09.2016.
– the first Summer school on “Hydroinformatics approaches for river basin related problems” was organized from June, 21st to the July, 8th, 2016 in Bucharest.
– a PhD student from UPB, participated in a PhD short-term training, at IHE Delft, in November, 7-11, 2016
Work package 4:
– 2 workshops were organized: one at the University “Politehnica” of Bucharest, February 11-12, 2016 and the second at UNESCO-IHE in Delft, The Netherlands, from 8 to 10 June, 2016.
– 2 co-located conferences were organized:
– at ECIS 2017 (http://www.ecis2017.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ECIS2017-T16.pdf) we organized a special track (T16). Due to not enough accepted papers, the track was not rolled out.
– the organization of the international workshop CyRM, within the conference CSCS 2017, which will take place in May 2017, in Bucharest, Romania is in progress
The participation of research team members at scientific events and / or to present their research results at conferences and in journals relevant to the field, was supported:
– 2 papers published in journals, one being an open access paper.
– 9 papers were presented in conferences (7 ISI, 2 BDI).
Work package 5:
The deliverable D5.1 – Knowledge-lake e-platform – was developed and can be accessed at:
– the visual identity elements (logo, templates for deliverables, flyer) were developed.
UPB’s scientific excellence was promoted by participation at the ICT Proposers’ Day 2016, by organizing the Workshop ADIS 2016, as well as by bilateral discussions with partners from research
For the valorisation and to exploitation/sustainability of project results, the team members are involved in writing two project proposals.
The deliverable D5.3 – The project site was developed in month 3. The Knowledge Lake e-platform and the Project site are constantly updated to reflect the current status of the project activities and results.
Work package 6:
Monitoring project activities and financial management is continuous work, and it runs at each partner according to national and EU regulations.
Partners communicate in direct meetings and through regular Skype sessions.
Two general assembly meetings were organized, in conjunction with other project events, in order to optimize the use of resources.
Special attention was granted to Liaison with Commission Services, by:
– constant contact with the project officer
– participation at the Twinning Coordinators’ Day (Brussels, Belgium, 13.03.2016-15.03.2016
– following the on-line information session in Brussels for Grant Coordinators, through a live stream, on the 14th February 2017.
Research Results – Published Papers
- Vlad-Cosmin Ozunu, Cezar-Costin Pirvu , Catalin Leordeanu, Valentin Cristea; Distributed Platform for the Analysis of Cryptographic Algorithms, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, 2016 10th International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS), pg. 296-301, Electronic ISBN: 978-1-5090-0987-9; CD-ROM ISBN: 978-1-5090-0986-2; Print on Demand(PoD) ISBN: 978-1-5090-0988-6; IEEE, 2016, DOI: 10.1109/CISIS.2016.139; http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7791898/
- Valentina-Camelia Bojan, Ionut-Gabriel Raducu, Florin Pop, Mariana Mocanu, Valentin Cristea, Architecture design of pattern detection system for Smart cities datasets, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, 2016 IEEE 12th International conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP), Electronic ISBN: 978-1-5090-3899-2; USB ISBN: 978-1-5090-3898-5; Print on Demand(PoD) ISBN: 978-1-5090-3900-5; IEEE, 2016, DOI: 10.1109/ICCP.2016.7737180; http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7737180/
- Mariana Mocanu, Valentin Cristea, Ciprian Dobre, Florin Pop, Smart Data for ICT-based Water Management, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, 2016 16th Biannual Conference ERB – Hydrological behaviour in small basins under changing conditions, 2016
- Ciolofan, Sorin N.; Pop, Florin; Mocanu, Mariana; Cristea Valentin; Rapid Parallel Detection of Distancebased Outliers in Time Series using MapReduce, Article in Journal, CONTROL ENGINEERING AND APPLIED INFORMATICS journal, pg. 6371, ISSN: 1454-8658, Volume: 18, Issue: 3, 2016, http://www.ceai.srait.ro/index.php?journal=ceai&page=article&op=view&path%5B%5D=3762
- Ciprian Lupu, Doinita Chirita, Serban Iftimea, Roxana Miclaus; Consideration on leak/fault detection system in mass transfer networks, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, 2016 20th International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing (ICSTCC), 2016 EENVIRO – Sustainable Solutions for Energy and Environment, Electronic ISBN: 978-1-5090-2720-0; DVD ISBN: 978-1-5090-2719-4; Print on Demand(PoD) ISBN: 978-1-5090-2721-7; IEEE, 2016, DOI: 10.1109/ICSTCC.2016.7790754, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7790754/
- Anca Daniela Ionita, Mariana Mocanu; Architectural Framework for Hazard Warning Systems, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, CENTERIS 2016 – Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, ISBN: 978-989-97433-7-3, 2016, http://centeris.scika.org
- Catalin Negru, Florin Pop, Mariana Mocanu, Valentin Cristea, Anca Hangan, Lucia Vacariu; Cost-aware Cloud Storage Service Allocation for Distributed Data Gathering, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Automation, Quality and Testing, Robotics (AQTR), Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4673-8692-0; USB ISBN: 978-1-4673-8691-3; IEEE, 2016, DOI: 10.1109/AQTR.2016.7501280, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7501280/
- Marian Muste, Mariana Mocanu; Interjurisdictional Collaboration in Water Resource Management, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Automation, Quality and Testing, Robotics (AQTR), Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4673-8692-0; USB ISBN: 978-1-4673-8691-3, IEEE, 2016, DOI: 10.1109/AQTR.2016.7501393, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7501393/
- Anca Daniela Ionita, Mariana Mocanu; Modeling Framework for Hazard Management Applied to Water Pollution and Radiation Dispersion, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, 2016 IEEE 12th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP), Electronic ISBN: 978-1-5090-3899-2; USB ISBN: 978-1-5090-3898-5; Print on Demand(PoD) ISBN: 978-1-5090-3900-5, IEEE, 2016, DOI: 10.1109/ICCP.2016.7737136, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7737136/
- Dan Popescu , Loretta Ichim and Florin Stoican; Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems for Remote Estimation of Flooded Areas Based on Complex Image Processing, Article in Journal, Sensors 2017, 17(3), 446; MDPI, ISSN: 1424 – 8220, accepted for publication in 2017, DOI: 10.3390/s17030446, www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors
- Costin Gabriel Chiru, Mariana Ionela Mocanu, Monica Dragoicea, Anca Daniela Ionita; Digital Services Development Using Statistics Tools to Emphasize Pollution Phenomena, Publication in Conference proceedings/Workshop, 8th International Conference, IESS 2017, Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-56924-6, 2016, http://www.springer.com/it/book/9783319569246