16th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing
EUC 2018 will take place in Bucharest, Romania. The conference will be held from 4 to 7 July, 2018.
The EUC conference will provide a forum for engineers and scientists in academia, industry, and government to address all challenges including technical, safety, social, and legal issues related to embedded and ubiquitous computing and to present and discuss their ideas, results, work-in-progress and experience on all aspects of embedded and ubiquitous computing.
21th IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering
It is to bring together computer scientists, industrial engineers, and researchers to discuss and exchange experimental and theoretical results, novel designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas in the areas of advanced computing for problems in science and engineering applications and inter-disciplinary.
Info Day – Data4Water 2018 Research in Water Management
We invite you to participate in this information and networking event to share your knowledge and open issues with all participants and find new collaborations through a network of excellence in this new exciting domain of ICT for water management, in Berlin, Fraunhofer FOKUS, on 15 February 2018.
For more information, please access the link:
Please find the agenda here:
We kindly invite you to register for this event here:
Scientific Challenges & Business Opportunities in Water Management (SciBOWater 2018)
Workshop intends to address the topics relevant for the BIS conference, but with a particular focus on water management, and will take place in Berlin, Fraunhofer FOKUS, on 18-20 July 2018.
Topics of interest
- Big and Smart Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Business and Enterprise Modeling
- Digital Transformation of Water Related Systems
- Smart Infrastructures
- Social Media and Web-based Business Information Systems
- Applications, Evaluations, and Experiences
21st International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2018)
Conference theme: Digital Transformation an imperative in today’s business markets
The 21st International Conference on Business Information Systems, will take place in Berlin, Fraunhofer FOKUS, on 18-20 July 2018.
Algorithms and Applied Optimization for Environmental Data Science (AODS 2018)
The Workshop AODS 2018 will take place in Kalamata, Greece, June 10-15, 2018.
AODS will thus focus on the following research issues around the tools and ideas in the Environmental Data Scientist’s toolbox, including but not limited to:
- Mechanisms for data clearing and make data tidy (to speed downstream data analysis tasks), by optimizing the process of data gathering.
- Exploratory data analysis, to support the development of complex statistical models, or to eliminate or sharpen potential hypotheses about the world that can be addressed by the data.
- Concepts and tools behind reporting modern data analyses in a reproducible manner.
- Statistical inference tools, mechanisms and methods, including statistical modelling, data oriented strategies and use of designs and randomization in analyses, and others.
- Linear models, including model selection and uses of models.
- Prediction and machine learning, including building and applying prediction functions with an emphasis on practical applications.
- Data products to automate complex analysis tasks or use technology to expand the utility of a data informed model, algorithm or inference.
- Practical approaches to deal with data protection and data access models.
Learning and Intelligent OptimizatioN Conference (LION 12)
This meeting is aimed at exploring the intersections and uncharted territories between machine learning, artificial intelligence, mathematical programming and algorithms for hard optimization problems. The main purpose of the event is to bring together experts from these areas to discuss new ideas and methods, challenges and opportunities in various application areas, general trends and specific developments.
The conference LION 12 will take place in Kalamata, Greece, June 10-15, 2018.
A general assembly is planned to take place at the Fraunhofer institute FOKUS Germany, Berlin, November 23-24, 2017.
The training session 4 is organised in Bucharest by UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education and University Politehnica of Bucharest.
This training session has the following topics: Optimization and dynamic programming for water problems and takes place from the 18th of October to the 20th of October 2017.