Algorithms and Applied Optimization for Environmental Data Science (AODS 2018)
The Workshop AODS 2018 will take place in Kalamata, Greece, June 10-15, 2018.
AODS will thus focus on the following research issues around the tools and ideas in the Environmental Data Scientist’s toolbox, including but not limited to:
- Mechanisms for data clearing and make data tidy (to speed downstream data analysis tasks), by optimizing the process of data gathering.
- Exploratory data analysis, to support the development of complex statistical models, or to eliminate or sharpen potential hypotheses about the world that can be addressed by the data.
- Concepts and tools behind reporting modern data analyses in a reproducible manner.
- Statistical inference tools, mechanisms and methods, including statistical modelling, data oriented strategies and use of designs and randomization in analyses, and others.
- Linear models, including model selection and uses of models.
- Prediction and machine learning, including building and applying prediction functions with an emphasis on practical applications.
- Data products to automate complex analysis tasks or use technology to expand the utility of a data informed model, algorithm or inference.
- Practical approaches to deal with data protection and data access models.